Acupuncture for infertility
Acupuncture has been shown to be an effective treatment for infertility in both men and women. Here are some of the ways in which acupuncture can help improve fertility:
- Regulating hormone levels: Acupuncture can help regulate the hormones involved in the reproductive cycle, including follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), estrogen, and progesterone. By regulating these hormones, acupuncture can help improve ovulation and increase the chances of the successful implantation of a fertilized egg.
- Increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs: Acupuncture can help increase blood flow to the uterus, ovaries, and testes, which can help improve the health of these organs and increase fertility.
- Improving egg and sperm quality: Acupuncture can help improve the quality of eggs and sperm by increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs and reducing oxidative stress, which can damage cells and contribute to infertility.
- Reducing stress and anxiety: Stress and anxiety can interfere with fertility by disrupting hormone levels and decreasing blood flow to the reproductive organs. Acupuncture can help reduce stress and anxiety, improving fertility by promoting hormone balance and increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs.
- Improving overall reproductive function: Acupuncture can help improve overall reproductive function by enhancing the body’s natural healing processes and improving the health of the reproductive organs.
The length of time it takes to get acupuncture treatment for infertility can vary depending on the individual case and the underlying causes of infertility. Generally, acupuncture treatment for infertility is done in a series of weekly sessions over the course of several months.
For women who are trying to conceive, acupuncture treatment may begin a few months before attempting to conceive in order to help prepare the body for pregnancy. Acupuncture treatment may continue throughout pregnancy to help support a healthy pregnancy and prevent miscarriage.
For men who are experiencing infertility, acupuncture treatment may be started at any time and may continue for several months, depending on the underlying causes of infertility.