Top 5 Tips to Help Control Asthma
It’s important to seek health care for managing asthma, but there are home remedies for shortness of breath and natural remedies for wheezing that may help you take control of asthma attacks and help you sleep better without an asthma coughing attack at the night.
- Don’t smoke, and avoid other people who do. Stay out of places where there is second-hand cigarette smoke or other ambient smoke or chemical perfumes.
- Use a high-quality air filter in your home. Keep dust and mold under control. Remove old carpets and any other fabrics that might have dust mites in them.
- Manage stress. Stress and anxiety can be triggers for asthma attacks. Regular acupuncture treatment will help, as will consistent practice of meditation and breathing exercises.
- Avoid dairy products. Milk and other dairy foods are notorious for creating congestion and irritating the airways.
- Drink warm, soothing liquids throughout the day. Tea and warm honey-lemon water keep the airways moist and open while providing immune-boosting properties.